- It is agreed that the terms used in these general conditions shall have the following meanings:
- Accommodation: term covering all rooms/studios/holiday flats/event venues offered by Edville (basic, standard, duplex, duplex with terrace).
- Client: any natural or legal person, or member of a group, who wishes to call upon the services of Edville within the framework of a reservation or group booking.
- Parties: refers to both Edville and the Client.
- Data: personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, namely any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural or legal person; an “identifiable natural or legal person” is considered to be a natural or legal person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to his physical or moral, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Technical equipment: Technical equipment that is provided by Edville or that can be ordered through Edville’s partner.
- Final invoice: the total price of the services provided by Edville, calculated on the basis of all services provided to the Client.
- No-show: reservation that was not canceled by the Client, although he did not present himself with all his participants in Edville for which he had a reservation.
- Offer: the offer made by Edville to the Customer.
- Service provider: any natural or legal person that works with Edville within the framework of the services offered to the Client.
- Catering: meals and drinks offered by Edville.
- Services: a set of services offered to the Client as part of the contract with Edville. The basic price of these services does not cover the costs (such as salaries, municipal taxes on shows and entertainment, SABAM, and additional rights) of musicals and other events organized by the Client or by Edville at the request of the Client. The Customer assumes full responsibility for payment of taxes and fees.
- Additional services: all additional services requested by the Client or one of his representatives over and above the services set out in the contract. These extra services are invoiced to the Customer.
- Website: all the web pages accessible via the Internet network containing information on Edville and on the services it offers and the means of obtaining them.
- City tax, tourist tax: Regional tax on tourist accommodation that the Customer must pay and that is payable to the authorities.
- Processing: any operation consisting in particular, without this list being exhaustive, of collecting, storing, organizing, amending, using, or deleting personal data.
- One-time booking fee: is part of a rate plan, total payment for the reservation.
- Unless otherwise stipulated in writing by a duly authorized person, the present general terms and conditions shall apply to all undertakings, services and agreements entered into or executed by Edville. These terms and conditions are posted on the website www.edville.be. As a result, they have been adequately notified.
- The purpose of these general terms and conditions is to govern the contractual relations between Edville Home NV, hereinafter referred to as Edville, Edville Home, and Edville Studio. The customer is urged to read these general terms and conditions carefully.
- Any reservation made by the Client with Edville presupposes full acceptance of these general terms and conditions, notwithstanding the conflicting provisions with any general terms and conditions of the Client, even if these are of a later date and/or contain a clause equivalent to the following general terms and conditions.
- The data contained in this site are provided solely for the purpose of providing information about Edville and the services offered by Edville. Edville makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that this information is correct at the time of inclusion, which does not exclude the possibility that this site contains incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated information at any time. Edville reserves the right to supplement, modify, correct, or delete the information provided at any time, without any notification, and without giving rise to any liability on the part of Edville. Edville expressly excludes any guarantee or warranty in connection with the information provided to the extent legally possible, and shall not be liable for any direct or consequential damages in any case. The copyright on all offered information rests with Edville and consequently, this information may not be reproduced or communicated without prior and express permission from Edville.
- In that case, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions will be available on the site with the date it came into force. Customers are advised to consult the General Terms and Conditions regularly to take note of any changes. In any case, the customer must only comply with the only version of the General Terms and Conditions that is in force at the time when the customer reserves the service.
- Guaranteed best price for reservations via www.edville.be
- Entering the required bank details and accepting these General Terms and Conditions by digital means constitutes an electronic agreement between the parties, which is evidence for the parties of the reservation of the service and for the payability of the amounts due for the execution of the said reservation.
- The applicable General Terms and Conditions include all obligations of the parties. They may not include any other conditions communicated by the customer.
- If the Special Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions contradict each other, only the Special Terms and Conditions shall apply to the relevant obligation. If general terms and conditions of any kind of a partner and another party contradict each other, only these General Terms and Conditions and the provisions of these terms and conditions apply to the relevant obligation.
- If one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are held invalid or declared as such by virtue of a law, a regulation, or a final decision of a competent court, the validity, and scope of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- Only the Dutch version is authentic. If the General Terms and Conditions are translated into another language, the Dutch-language version shall prevail over all other versions in the event of any dispute, difficulty of interpretation, or difficulty in implementing these terms and conditions and, more generally, in respect of relations between the parties.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that Edville may transfer these general terms and conditions and all of the rights and obligations associated therewith to a third party, without the prior and written consent of the customer. The customer accepts that such a transfer will hold Edville harmless in the future. The customer cannot transfer the general terms and conditions and all rights and obligations connected therewith to any third party without prior and written consent from Edville.
- These general terms and conditions shall apply in full to any group contract entered into by the Client with Edville and shall take precedence, by way of exception, over any possible different terms, conditions, or modalities mentioned in brochures, prospectuses, websites, or commercial documents of any kind.
- The fact that Edville does not rely on any of the provisions of these general terms and conditions at any given time shall not, under any circumstances, be construed as a waiver of this provision at any subsequent time.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER
- The customer is solely responsible for the choice of the services on the site and whether they suit his requirements. Edville bears no responsibility in this respect.
- The customer is also solely responsible for the information provided when creating the account and/or reserving a service. Edville cannot be held responsible for incorrect or fraudulent data provided by the customer. Furthermore, the customer is solely responsible for the use of the account and any reservation made, both in his own name and on behalf of third parties, unless the customer can prove that fraud has been committed on the account and that this was not due to an error or negligence on the part of the customer.
- The customer undertakes to comply with the applicable rules and these General Terms and Conditions when using the site and the services offered on it. If the customer does not comply with his obligations under these general conditions, the customer shall be liable for any damage caused by the customer to Edville or to third parties. In this respect, the customer undertakes to hold Edville harmless from any claims, actions, or complaints of any kind whatsoever which may result from this and to indemnify Edville for any damages, costs, or compensation associated therewith.
- By making a definite reservation for a service, the customer undertakes in particular to pay the price for it and to respect the associated Special Conditions. After all:
– Any reservation or payment that is irregular, ineffective, incomplete, or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the customer shall result in the cancellation of the reserved service at the customer’s expense, without prejudice to any legal action that Edville may bring against the latter;
– Any behavior contrary to good morals and disturbing the public order in the establishment, as well as the non-observance of the house rules of the establishment, shall result in Edville being able to ask the customer to leave without compensation and/or without a refund if payment has already been made. If payment has not yet been made or is incomplete, the customer must pay the cost of the services used before leaving;
– The customer also undertakes not to use the digital resources made available by the establishment (in particular the Wi-Fi network) in any way whatsoever for the purpose of reproduction, representation, making available or public communication of works or objects subject to copyright or similar rights, such as texts, images, photographs, musical works, audiovisual works, software, and video games, without the consent of the holders of the rights mentioned in the intellectual property laws, where such consent is required. Furthermore, the customer shall comply with the security policy of the Internet service provider of the site, including rules on the application of security methods to prevent the unlawful use of digital resources and to refrain from any action that would reduce the efficiency of these resources.
- The customer undertakes to inform Edville of any change in the purpose of the rented premises and to invite only persons whose behavior, reputation or honor cannot in any way cause material or moral damage to Edville, which reserves the right to intervene if necessary. If this obligation is not complied with, Edville shall be entitled to cancel the event without any compensation whatsoever.
- The client has the obligation to pay the current or agreed hotel rates for the rental of the accommodation and for the other services that he uses. This also applies to services that Edville provides to third parties or costs that the hotel incurs for third parties if the customer has requested or caused these.
4. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EDVILLE
- Edville undertakes, within the framework of a best-efforts obligation in accordance with the General Conditions of Use and with all due care and skill, to provide access to the site and the services provided and, as far as can reasonably be demanded, to do its utmost to remedy any malfunction of which it becomes aware.
- However, Edville may be obliged to suspend the site temporarily without prior notice, notably for reasons of technical maintenance, without Edville being held responsible for this.
- The customer acknowledges and accepts that Edville’s responsibility does not extend to inconveniences or damages associated with the use of the Internet, including, but not limited to:
– poor transmission and/or reception of data and/or information on the Internet;
– Defects in the receiving equipment or the communication lines;
– Internet failures that prevent the proper functioning of the Site and/or reservation of the Services.
- The Site may contain hyperlinks from other websites published and managed by third parties, and Edville disclaims any responsibility as to the content of these websites and the services offered on them. In this respect, it is stipulated that partners are responsible for the promotion of the offers contained on their own websites. The decision to consult third-party websites is therefore entirely the responsibility of the customer.
Edville has the obligation to keep the accommodation that the customer has booked available and to provide the agreed services.
5. PAYMENTS / PAYMENT TERMS
- All reservations can be paid by bank transfer, mentioning the name and reservation number.
- Subject to agreement, by pre-authorization of credit card
- To confirm your reservation we will ask you for your credit card details as a guarantee prior to your stay.
- Every payment automatically confirms your acceptance of our general conditions as described on this page.
- The customer provides his/her payment details (i) to pay for the stay in advance, (ii) as a guarantee for the reservation, and (iii) as part of the online check-out procedure by entering the following directly in the field provided (the secure entry with SSL encryption) for a bank card: the number of the bank card, and its expiry date (the bank card used must be valid at the time of the stay), and the verification code in the case of prepayment via the payment platforms listed below.
- Edville has chosen Ingenico Payment Services (i.e. Payment Service Provider) and Mollie for the security of online payments with a bank card. The customer’s payment card is subject to a validity check by these partners and can be declined for various reasons: stolen or blocked card, limit reached, error in entry, etc. In the event of problems, the customer must contact his bank, branch, or other entity to confirm the reservation of the service and the payment method.
- For online payments, the following cards are available and are listed on the payment page of the site: Visa, MasterCard, and Bancontact. This list is subject to change.
- If the customer makes the payment at the establishment, each establishment may accept different payment methods, but the customer must present the bank card used to make the reservation or advance payment at the establishment. The establishment may also ask for proof of identity in order to prevent bank card fraud.
- If the customer has not paid the cost of the stay in advance online, the establishment may ask the customer on arrival to pay a deposit or issue an authorization to debit the cost from their bank account as a guarantee of payment for the amount corresponding to the services used.
- In the case of a “no show” following a reservation for an accommodation service for which a bank card was provided as a guarantee, the establishment shall charge the client, as compensation, the amount of the stay with the bank card that was provided as a guarantee when the reservation was made.
- Edville, if they so wish, shall, automatically and without justification, subject any acceptance of an order, any reservation, or any service to be provided or proposed to be provided to the payment in full or in part of the sums due to them, including under the form of advance payment, abatement or full settlement, even in anticipation.
- If the customer subsequently wishes a reduction in the number of booked rooms, a reduction in the services provided, or a reduction in the length of stay, Edville may make the agreement to this subject to a price increase for the room(s) and/or the other services. Modifications are to be agreed upon in writing.
- In justified cases (e.g. delayed payment by the customer or extension of the contract), Edville shall be entitled to increase the advance payment mentioned in the contract or to demand a higher security deposit to cover the expected costs of the stay.
6. PRICES / RATES
- The services and tariffs are freely determined by Edville, which reserves the right to change them.
- The quoted rates may be changed without prior notice. Rates confirmed on the offer are valid for 1 month. After this period, they may be modified according to economic conditions based on economic indicators, modified VAT or excise duty rates, and changes in tax rates and service percentages. In this case, the rates in force on the day of performance will be applied.
- Prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of booking, and changes in the applicable VAT will automatically be reflected in the price indicated on the billing date.
- In the event that new taxes imposed or required by law are modified or introduced by the competent authorities, these will be automatically reflected in the prices indicated on the billing date.
- Finally, there are certain promotional offers that are only available on the site and which can only be purchased via the Internet and not at the reception of the establishment.
- The prices indicated in Edville’s offer are valid only for the dates and quantities indicated. Changes in the program proposed by Edville (dates, models, volumes, etc.) may result in a price revision.
- Any additional services requested by the Customer after the signing of the contract shall be subject to the same conditions as those applicable to the contract signed by the Parties.
- The Client shall be responsible for the payment of all costs for services that were not included in the contract, but which during the stay in Edville and/or during the event were ordered by the Client or one of his participants either directly from Edville or from a third party. The Client shall unconditionally guarantee payment of all costs related to such additional services, including all invoices that a third party may have addressed to Edville in the mistaken belief that the order was placed in the name of and on behalf of Edville.
- The prices for the reservation of services are indicated before, during, and after the reservation.
- For accommodation services, the indicated prices per room apply for the number of persons and the selected date.
- When the reservation of service is confirmed, the total price is indicated for the customer as a sum including taxes in the commercial currency of the establishment (this may differ from the local currency of the establishment in certain cases) and is valid only for the period indicated on the site.
- If the settlement for the total amount of the reserved service takes place at the establishment in a currency other than the currency in which the reservation was confirmed, the customer will have to pay the conversion costs. If the confirmed amount is shown in a different currency when making the reservation on the site, please note that this is only an indication and not a commitment, as it takes into account a possible change in the exchange rate between the date of reservation and the date of stay at the establishment.
- Unless otherwise indicated on the site, options not offered at the time of booking are not included in the price.
- The tourist tax, which is shown at the time of booking the service, must be paid directly on-site at the establishment unless the stay has been pre-paid online including this amount.
- Edville has the right to increase the prices when municipal taxes (culture tax, spa tax, etc.) are levied on the stay. The price increase is limited to the costs of the above-mentioned taxes.
- The prices quoted are the prices valid at the time of conclusion of the contract, minor deviations, and changes excepted.
- City tax and tourist tax are collected by Edville and are not included in the price.
- If the advance payment is not made by the indicated date, Edville has the right to cancel the contract.
7. INVOICE / SECURITY
- Edville Home: the deposit is €600,-
- Edville Home event: the deposit is €1200,- (event = +32 persons)
- Edville Studio: for long-term rent to companies and private persons the deposit is
- 1-month rent for a stay of 3 months and more
- 2 months rent for a stay of 9 months and more
- For long-term rent, to students, the deposit is 2 months’ rent.
- If the client fails to comply with the conditions regarding the payment of the deposit, the advance payment, or the total advance payment, Edville reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- The billing address stated in the contract is binding. Changes to this can only be made prior to the events and/or overnight stays. Invoices are sent automatically by email. The customer consents to this by accepting the general terms and conditions. An invoice email address must be provided by the client at the latest before the start of the event/stay. Exceptions to this are only possible if agreed otherwise.
- At the end of the event/stay, the final balance is drawn up and the Client, on the other hand, undertakes to pay the balance when leaving the accommodation, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Payment shall be made in cash or by Visa, Mastercard, or Bank contact. Unless otherwise agreed.
- Please note that the release of the security deposit usually takes 10 working days, but can be as long as 20 working days or more, depending on the Customer’s bank.
8. CREDIT CARD
- The client shall provide a credit card upon check-in, the details of which shall be recorded by Edville. Credit cards will be authorized for the full amount of the stay plus an amount to cover any additional costs. If the customer uses facilities (e.g. minibar, etc.) that are not indicated at check-out, the hotel will be entitled to deduct these from the credit card, on the sole condition that the detail of the check-out is provided to the customer. In any event, the customer must protest in writing within 8 days against the payment made, if he/she considers it incorrect.
9. DISPUTE / COMPETENCE / LEGISLATION
- Any dispute regarding its validity, interpretation, execution of the agreement, or invoicing in execution thereof shall fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the court in Ghent and, except where otherwise provided by law, Belgian law shall apply. We reserve the right to waive this clause in the event of a claim.
These general terms and conditions, as well as the contractual relations between the Parties resulting from them, are exclusively governed by Belgian law, with the exception of the conflict of law rules.
10. FORCE MAJEURE
- In the event of force majeure, unforeseeable or irresistible events, or occurrences beyond the control of the party concerned, the latter shall be released from its obligations without compensation. However, it undertakes to inform the other party by all possible means in order to limit the possible damage.
- Edville shall not be held responsible for non-compliance with all or part of its obligations and shall be entitled to terminate the contract if such non-compliance is due to the occurrence of a fortuitous event or to a case of force majeure or acts of third parties, such as in particular and without this list being exhaustive: flood, natural disasters, war, fire, storm, terrorism, strikes or acts of public authority.
- Neither party can be held responsible by the other for the non-fulfillment of its obligations if this is due to force majeure. It is explicitly agreed that in the event of force majeure, the performance of mutual obligations shall be suspended for both parties and that each party shall bear the costs arising from this. Cases of force majeure are those usually recognized as such by the case law of the Court of Cassation. If the case of force majeure lasts longer than 30 days from its occurrence, these General Terms and Conditions may be dissolved by either party, without the other parties being able to claim any compensation.
11. DAMAGE / LIABILITY / INSURANCE
- The Client agrees to behave with due diligence at Edville and to observe the internal regulations (house rules).
- Any serious or repeated breach of this provision will be considered as serious misconduct on the part of the Client and will entitle Edville to terminate the stay of the Client and/or the persons under his responsibility without notice and without prejudice to the amounts due.
- The Client undertakes to take out insurance with a recognized Belgian insurance company to cover his liability during the period as stipulated.
- The customer/its participants are hereby prohibited from using the premises made available to them for meetings relating to extreme ideologies and/or ideologies, or which might, directly or indirectly, have a negative impact on normal events, or disrupt the peace and quiet of the other guests.
- In any case, the customer, together with his participants, severally and indivisibly, one failing the other, will be obliged to compensate Edville for any damage or nuisance caused by the participants of the customer. The customer shall also be obliged to indemnify Edville against any claim (both in principal, interest, and costs) which may be made against Edville by any of the other guests/clients due to damage/ inconvenience that they may experience as a result of the event and/or the behavior/ negligence of the customer or his participants.
- In any case, Edville can never, under any circumstances, be held liable in case of theft of or damage to goods/objects/etc. that are kept in Edville by the Client or his participants.
- The Client shall be liable towards Edville for the persons under his responsibility and for any damage that he or the latter may cause to persons, property, equipment, and other facilities of Edville, and more generally, in places where the public has access.
- Edville shall not be held liable for theft of equipment, damage to equipment, or damage caused by material brought to Edville by the Client.
- The Client must personally ensure the integrity and security of this equipment and take out such insurance for theft, damage, and liability as he deems necessary.
- The event must be organized in an orderly and civilized manner. Groups must also behave in an orderly and civilized manner; consequently, the Client shall be held liable for any damage or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the event/group, whether in the room where the event takes place or in any other location of the hotel.
- Edville reserves the right to cancel, without notice or reimbursement of damages, any agreement which is contrary to the usual standards of morality or conduct, public order, and/or the normal use of the space made available to the Customer.
- Liability of the hotel
Edville shall be liable for all its obligations arising from the contract. Compensation claims by the customer are excluded. This shall not apply to damages resulting from a violation of life, body, or health where Edville has an influence on this violation, to other damages resulting from a violation of duty by Edville due to intent or gross negligence, as well as to damages resulting from a violation of typical obligations under the contract by Edville due to intent or gross negligence. A breach of duty by Edville is equivalent to that of a legal representative or agent. In the case of disruptions or deficiencies in the services of Edville, Edville shall be obliged from the moment of becoming aware of them or being informed of them by a direct complaint from the customer, to remedy the situation. The customer shall be obliged to do all that he can reasonably do to help remedy the disruption and to minimize the potential damage.
- All claims against Edville shall, in principle, become time-barred after six months from the beginning of the knowledge-dependent regular limitation period in Art. 2271 of the Civil Code. The limitation periods shall not apply to claims based on a breach of duty by Edville or its agents as a result of intent or gross negligence or on a breach of life, body, or health.
- You remain responsible for your own property at all times.
12. NO SMOKING / ANTI-DRUG POLICY
- Edville has a strict anti-drug policy. The sale, possession, and use of drugs are strictly forbidden on the site and in the buildings. The improper sale, use, or possession of nitrous oxide is also prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed in Edville (including, but not limited to: bedrooms, staircases, lifts and corridors, and any place accessible to the public, in accordance with the law of 22 December 2009). In the event of a breach of this prohibition, a cleaning fee of €250,- (excl. VAT) will be charged to the Customer, it being understood that a higher amount could be invoiced to the Customer if Edville were to determine greater damage (including, but not limited to: the impossibility of renting out the room). Your credit card will be charged for this.
13. CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- Edville Home cancellation policy or reduction in the number of participants:
In case of cancellation within 2 days of making the reservation, 0% of the total amount canceled will be charged.
– In case of cancellation up to 60 days before arrival, 30% of the canceled amount will be charged.
– In case of cancellation within 60 days of arrival, 100% of the total amount canceled will be charged.
- If the reservation is canceled up to 60 days before arrival, 0% of the total amount will be charged.
- If the reservation is canceled less than 60 days before the arrival date, 30% of the total amount will be charged.
- Edville Studio cancellation policy or reduction of the number of rooms:
If a reservation is canceled up to 7 days before the date of arrival, 100% of the total amount canceled will be charged.
- The client has to send Edville a detailed list of participants not later than 14 days before the expected date of arrival, mentioning the following data: the name of the participant(s) (i.e. surname, first name, sex, address, nationality) as well as (in case of individual payment) a valid credit card number.
- If you do not show up (no-show), the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- The correct number of participants will be determined at the latest 7 days before the planned date of arrival.
- Third-party services or extra services (catering, flowers, etc.) that are canceled by the customer shall be paid for in full by the customer.
- Cancellation by Edville
If it has been agreed that the customer has the right to cancel the contract free of charge within a certain period of time, Edville shall also be entitled to cancel the contract during this period if other customers apply for accommodation booked through the contract.
- In case an advance payment that has been mutually agreed upon, or that results from these general terms and conditions, is not made in due time, Edville shall also be entitled to withdraw from this contract. Furthermore, Edville shall be entitled to make claims for damages against the customer.
- Edville will be entitled to cancel the contract with immediate effect when for instance the following situations occur:
- Force majeure or other circumstances beyond Edville’s control, make the execution of the contract impossible.
- When booking accommodation, deliberately confusing or inaccurate data that are essential for the contract are stated, for example, personal data of the customer or data concerning the purpose of the stay.
- Edville has a well-founded reason to believe that the use of the services may endanger the smooth running of the business, safety, or public prestige of Edville, without this being attributable to the management or organization of Edville.
- The purpose or reason for the stay is unlawful.
- There is a breach of point II. 2. of these general terms and conditions.
- Edville is closed.
- The customer, as the debtor, has given insight into his financial situation under oath.
- Bankruptcy or suspension of payment has been filed with regard to the customer’s assets.
14. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
- Edville Home: Check-in is foreseen from 16:00 on the day of arrival.
Check-out is possible until 10:00 on the day of departure.
- Early check-in from 8:00 or late check-out is possible for an additional charge of €240,-.
Edville studio: check-in is foreseen from 15:00 on the day of arrival.
Check-out is possible until 10:00 on the day of departure.
- Early check-in is not possible.
- Late check-out until 13:00 is possible for €20,-.
- The client can leave his/her luggage in the locker if he/she arrives early until his/her departure for €5,-.
If the client arrives before this time, Edville will try to the best of its ability and without obligation to make the accommodation available earlier, but cannot be held responsible for this.
- In addition, the possibility to extend the stay will always depend on the availability of the accommodation and cannot be guaranteed.
- The access to Edville is done by means of codes that are communicated before the arrival of the Client. These codes will be given to the Client when the reservation is confirmed and guaranteed by the payment made by the Client in accordance with these general terms and conditions and will be communicated at the latest on the day of arrival of the Client.
- Departures later than 17:00 will incur the cost of an additional night’s accommodation.
15. AGREEMENT / DISSOLUTION / COMPENSATION
- The customer shall not be entitled to any services from Edville until a final agreement has been signed and handed over to both parties. After signing, and thus acceptance by Edville, all obligations between the parties shall be exclusively governed by this contract, which shall replace all previous agreements between the parties.
- Any changes or additions to this contract must be made exclusively in writing and accepted by both parties. Verbal agreements will be considered invalid and non-existent.
- The organizer is fully aware of the aforementioned conditions, which form an integral part of the contract, and accepts to comply with them.
- Subletting or re-letting of the rented rooms and use for purposes other than accommodation requires the prior written consent of Edville.
- If a third person makes the booking for the customer, he shall be liable to Edville as the orderer, together with the customer as joint and several debtors.
- The contract is concluded when a room is ordered and promised. The conclusion of the contract shall oblige Edville to fulfill the offered services for the duration of the contract. The dates of the option are binding on both parties. Edville reserves the right, after the option date has expired, to release the agreed room for rental.
16. DOUBLE BOOKINGS / INSUFFICIENT ROOMS
- If upon arrival in Edville, it appears that there are not enough rooms available to accommodate all members of the group for which the reservation was confirmed, Edville has the right to accommodate this group wholly or partially in another hotel in the immediate vicinity of the same category for the amount of the accommodation booked. All additional costs, such as city tax, are for the customer.
- Edville will decide freely on the choice of this alternative hotel and is responsible for the travel expenses to the alternative hotel as well as for the costs of staying overnight in that hotel. However, Edville shall not be obliged under any circumstances to pay damages of any kind to the Client.
17. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Additional services such as a bicycle, a kayak, a locker, and a baby crib can also be booked through the site.
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children between 0-6 years stay for free. For children 6 years and older, there is a surcharge of €20,- per night in Edville Studio and €35,- in Edville Home.
Edville Home: 1 baby crib is available and free of charge.
- Edville Studio: for children between 0-3 years there is a surcharge of €10,- per reservation for the use of baby cots.
The availability of a baby crib is always on request and needs to be confirmed by Edville.
- External catering without a written request in advance is not allowed. Non-compliance will result in a fine per person/redemption charge.
- We have a heart for animals but have decided not to allow them in Edville unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Reservations made by minors are forbidden, provided that they are accompanied by an adult or have written permission from a parent, and only upon request.
- Edville reserves the right to refuse access to its premises to any minor not accompanied by his/her legal representative and to cancel the reservation.
- Edville may also cancel any stay if it appears that the reservation will be used to accommodate minors unaccompanied by their legal representatives.
20. FIRE PREVENTION AND SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Emergency exits should always be kept free of obstructions and indications of their location should be left visible to anyone attending the function. Where explicitly stated, fire and emergency doors should always remain closed. Nothing may be attached to the panic doors, nor may materials be placed behind them in advance.
- Hallways that serve as escape routes must be kept free of obstructions.
- It is prohibited to bring inflammable, explosive, or dangerous liquids or products into Edville, as well as to make adjustments to existing installations, materials, furniture, or equipment without prior written consent from Edville. Should such adjustments prove necessary, this must be requested in writing from Edville at least 21 days prior to the function taking place.
- Curtains, wall coverings, and any other decorative material hung from or attached to walls and ceilings must be made of at least fire retardant or fireproof material. If these materials are hung in doorways or corridors, they shall separate in the middle and be attached in such a way that they can easily be pulled aside.
- The electrical facilities must not be overloaded
- Fire-fighting facilities must not be misused
- The ban on smoking must always be respected
- If the organizer hires external private security personnel for the job, the private security company hired must be licensed by the Ministry of the Interior and its personnel must comply with the Law on private security companies, security firms, and in-house security of 10 April 1999, relating to training. The number, name, and whether or not security personnel is armed must be notified to Edville in writing in advance.
- Care must be taken not to exceed the maximum number of persons permitted in a room, without prior written permission from Edville. The installation of own electrical appliances like heaters, air-conditioning, fondue, and gourmet is strictly forbidden.
- Also, the use of candles and fire pits is at one’s own risk and Edville can not be held responsible for possible accidents.
- The person responsible for the personal data that may occasionally be collected on the www.edville.be website is Edville. Its registered office is located at Brusselsesteenweg 167, 9090 Melle. The company is registered under the number BE 0442.024.644. Edville may be contacted by telephone on 09 395 08 07 and via the following e-mail address: email@example.com. The treatment of your personal data by Edville is done in full compliance with the legislation on the protection of privacy, including the law of 8 December 1992, as amended by the conversion law of 11 December 1998 and coming into force after the publication of the royal decree of 13 February 2001.
- By making a reservation for a stay and/or event with Edville, the data collected by the Customer are processed by Edville. These data are necessary to manage the reservation of the Client and can be used to get to know the Client better and to send him information on Edville’s products and services. Any other use requires prior and specific authorization from the customer.
- The customer’s data is intended for Edville and for the service providers. Customer data may be transferred to entities located outside the European Union in order to manage the Customer’s reservations, to follow up on his file as part of pre-contractual measures, or on the basis of authorization from the competent data protection authority.
- Edville implements data processing, for which it is responsible, for the commercial management of its reservations, invoicing and payment, prospecting and promotion/commercial animation, commercial statistics, and satisfaction surveys. The data is intended for Edville and its service providers, each for its own purposes.
- In accordance with the legal provisions, the Client has the right to access, request, correct, oppose and delete the data collected by Edville, as well as the right to a more detailed definition of the guidelines for processing their data. For this purpose, the Customer must use the following unique address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The personal details provided by the client can be passed on to the police. Article 144 of the Act of 1 March 2007 containing various provisions (Belgian Official Gazette 14 March 2007) obliges the accommodation provider, if requested, to make the registered data available to the police in order to allow them to check it.
- Any request to this effect can be made :
either by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
or by letter to the data controller at the following address: Edville Home NV, Brusselsesteenweg 167, 9090 Melle
- In order to ensure a secure payment transaction, the Edville components process the personal data in such a way that the fraud risk of each transaction can be determined. On this occasion, Edville may call upon the services of the Edville service provider for fraud prevention in order to carry out a more detailed analysis. Depending on the results of these analyses, Edville may take certain security measures, and in particular, ask the customer to use another booking channel or another payment method. These measures lead to the suspension of the execution of the reservation or if the result of the analysis does not guarantee a secure order, to its cancellation. If the customer uses a payment method fraudulently, leading to non-payment, he may be included in the Edville incident file. As a result, Edville may exclude him from future payments or carry out additional checks in the future.
22. INFORMATION ABOUT GOOGLE REMARKETING TAGS
- The department of International Flanders is the competent authority that grants the license and where further information can be obtained about the regulations concerning the exploitation of tourist accommodations and the legal remedies generally available in the event of disputes and where the tourist can lodge a complaint.
- Flemish Department of Foreign Affairs; tourist information office. Boudewijnlaan 30 bus 8, 1000 Brussels. 0032 2 553 29 50 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edville, Edville Home, and Edville Studio are commercial names of Edville Home NV, registered office Brusselsesteenweg 167, 9090 Melle, VAT BE 0442024644, hereafter referred to as “Edville”.
These general conditions apply to all services and goods provided by Edville as regards sales, rentals, and stewardship, irrespective of whether the customer is a private individual or a professional.
When confirming the contract by mail or by buying or booking through the website www.edville.be, which describes our services and goods, the customer confirms that these general conditions form an integral part of the contract to the exclusion of any conditions of the customer.
The latter expressly acknowledges having read these terms and conditions and accepting them in their entirety and without reservation. Deviation from our general terms and conditions is only possible in writing.
1. All offers are without obligation. All prices given are always based on the location, time, duration, number of persons, extras, etc. as they apply on the day of the quotation. Official price changes, as provided for by legal provisions, automatically result in corresponding changes to the prices laid down in the contract. The proportional increase may also apply to part of the order or commission.
2. All offers are valid for 7 days after the date of the offer.
3. Any person or company placing an order for the account of a third party, or invoicing a third party, vouches for this third party, in accordance with Article 1120 of the Civil Code, and will be responsible for payment.
4. All goods not paid for in full shall remain our full property, notwithstanding section 1583 of the Civil Code; any advances paid shall serve as compensation for costs and loss of profit. All services which have not been paid for in full may be discontinued unilaterally by Edville at any time.
5. All our invoices are payable in cash to the account number as stated on the invoice, unless otherwise stipulated in documents binding the parties, or if an expiry date is mentioned on the invoice.
6. The content of the services is described in the agreement and can only be deviated from by mutual agreement and in writing.
7. The services shall be provided within the period stated in the agreement. The agreement shall regulate its duration and the modalities of its termination.
8. Non-timely payment entitles us to unilaterally stop further deliveries or services in order not to allow the credit balance to increase further, and this is without any reminder on our part.
9. The services are invoiced to the customer in accordance with the agreement. Unless there is a written protest within 8 days after the date of the invoice, the invoice will be considered accepted.
10. The fees due by the customer are payable within 7 days after the invoice date.
11. Non-payment on the due date of a single invoice shall automatically make the balance due of all other invoices not yet due immediately payable.
12. In case of late payment of an invoice, the customer is obliged to pay a fixed compensation equal to 10% of the outstanding balance of the invoice, with a minimum of €100. The customer shall also owe interest of 10% per year until the date of full payment. Both the compensation and the interest shall be due by operation of law without notice of default.
13. If an invoice is not paid on time, the performance of the contract may be suspended without the customer being able to request any service until all outstanding invoices are paid. The non-payment of invoices may be a reason for the service provider to consider the agreement terminated at the expense of the customer. In such a case, the customer shall be obliged to compensate all damages suffered by the service provider and costs incurred in the performance of the agreement.
14. Complaints about delivery of goods and services or the execution of works shall be made upon delivery and confirmed by reasoned registered letter, within 5 days after the delivery or execution date. These complaints do not suspend the payment obligations.
15. In the event of any dispute, Belgian law shall be exclusively applicable, and the courts of Ghent, and where appropriate the Justice of the Peace of Ghent, shall be exclusively competent.
16. Upon entering the accommodation, the guest agrees to the house rules and the general conditions of Edville, which can be found on https://edville.be/terms-and-conditions/. In case of misbehavior by the guest, Edville reserves the right to terminate the agreement unilaterally, without the guest being able to claim any compensation for this. Edville reserves the right to claim damages as stipulated in the house rules and the general conditions of the accommodation where the guest is staying, which cannot be disputed.